Lead Data Analyst - Jewish Federation of Cleveland
About the Lead Data Analyst
The Lead Data Analyst reports to the Chief Information Officer and works as an integral member of the Federation’s IT and data teams. The Lead Data Analyst will support the organization’s growing data analysis and data visualization efforts, expanding our existing Business Intelligence (BI) and data mining capabilities, and continuing to strengthen the organizational capacity to make data-driven decisions. The Data Analyst will manage and support projects and partnerships across the organization to identify and address existing and new data analysis and data modeling needs.
The Lead Data Analyst will be responsible for 1) leading the overall use, expansion, and staff training of our existing BI solution and other data analysis tools, 2) partnering with team members in Development, Marketing, Fiscal, and Planning to understand and support cross-organization analytical requests, 3) devising methods for identifying patterns and trends in data to derive business insights and 4) managing our BI partner relationship to ensure capabilities meet organizational needs. The Lead Data Analyst will work in close collaboration with the data stewardship & research and application development teams and be a key member of this multi-functional group that is responsible for the cultivation, management, and analytical use of the organization’s data.
Essential Functions of the Lead Data Analyst:
- Lead the organization’s efforts to expand capabilities and utilization of our existing BI solution.
- Develop analysis and data visualizations to support organizational analytical needs using all available data sources.
- Facilitate brainstorming and analysis sessions with key stakeholders to understand business problems or questions and translating into analysis, reports, and visualizations which are actionable and understandable.
- Collaborate closely with the Federation’s marketing team and provide analytical support for initiatives that enhance constituent communications.
- Analyze key performance indicators and performance metrics in order to surface potential new opportunities and factors of variance.
- Synthesize data trends and patterns to support recommendations for action.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis on a regular basis, assist in special projects, support recurring reporting requests for leadership and suggest opportunities for data improvements throughout the organization.
- Document data models and processes in a clear and concise manner for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Provide ongoing staff training and education opportunities to advance the organization’s knowledge of data analysis capabilities.
- Provide day-to-day management and support of our Microsoft BI solution and external BI partner.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in information systems, data science or related field of study.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in data analysis, business intelligence, or related field.
- Experience building data visualizations, analysis, and reports in Power BI or similar.
- Knowledge of data warehousing concepts and business intelligence best practices.
- Experience using Microsoft Excel to perform advanced analysis.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- High level written and verbal communication skills and proven ability to liaison with end users.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize and engage in a variety of tasks simultaneously while consistently meeting short deadline situations
- High attention to detail, follow-up, self-motivated, proactive and solution focused
- Previous experience in non-profit data analysis a plus
- Experience using Microsoft SQL Server, a plus
- Experience writing DAX expressions a plus
- Experience with statistical programming languages (R, Python, SAS or similar) a plus
Position offers competitive salary and a great work environment.
For more information and to apply, click here.