Office Administrator - JumpStart
Job Title: Office Administrator
Reports to: Chief of Staff
About JumpStart Inc.
JumpStart is a non-profit venture development organization that unlocks the full potential of diverse and ambitious entrepreneurs to economically transform entire communities. We provide a combination of funding and high-impact assistance for entrepreneurs and small business owners while also managing the Northeast Ohio ESP Network, a collaborative group of entrepreneurial support organizations located throughout Northeast Ohio.
Key to JumpStart’s success is its ability to leverage the skills, experience and creativity of its inspired team to transform entrepreneurial aspirations into actions with measurable impact. JumpStart associates take great pride in making JumpStart a highly demanding yet incredibly fun place to work.
The Office Administrator’s first role is to represent JumpStart positively and enthusiastically to all our stakeholders. As the first person to whom a stakeholder may speak, this person is the face of JumpStart’s brand. This person will greet our guests and visitors; monitor building access during working hours; answer phones; and direct people to the correct person for assistance. This associate will also play a role in data entry. Facilities responsibilities will include assisting both JumpStart team members and guests of JumpStart team members with using the shared conference room space; ordering catering for all internal meetings; supplies ordering and replenishing of vending machine.
The successful candidate will be customer service oriented, friendly, comfortable, and effective with working in a fast-paced environment with all levels of employees, JumpStart’s stakeholders, and the community. This person will regularly represent the JumpStart organization to guests, clients, and the community and is expected to do so in a professional and courteous manner, reflecting the core values of the organization.
Essential Job Functions
- 50% of time to be spent performing as referral agent: greeting guests, communicating with internal and external customers/clients in multiple ways; assessing incoming calls and general entrepreneurial inquiries; and providing direction to appropriate resources within and outside the organization.
10% of time to be spent providing general administrative support to the organization’s team members on an as-needed basis, as well as overflow support to other administrative staff, including, but not limited to:
o Scheduling meetings as needed, with a focus on addressing the needs of internal meetings of some complexity and internal logistics to support these meetings and supporting the scheduling and management of meetings held in our main conference space by external organizations (e.g. ordering and arranging for beverages & lunches, reconfiguring conference rooms, gathering event details and needs, etc.). This includes, but is not limited, meetings such as Inclusion Champions, meetings with important partners such as the Cleveland Foundation, and our mentoring group.
o Managing internal and external correspondence and communications, including handling daily distribution of mail, faxes, and general voicemails as well as other ad hoc communication support as needed.
o Working directly with Marketing to support JumpStart and non-JumpStart events held in the Main Conference room.
o Overflow work for other administrative staff and JumpStart team members as needs arise.
15% of time supporting Finance with the auditing of credit card authorization forms and expense reports, filling out credit card authorization forms for catering, and supporting HR with audit of timesheets and the setup of workspaces and welcome packages for new JumpStart team members.
20% of time supporting the Operations Team with the coordination of other facilities duties that include: purchasing and managing vending machine supplies; researching potential products; purchase of office supplies needed to fulfill facility needs; authorization of related invoices; maintaining cleanliness in the workplace; accepting daily deliveries; and opening and closing of office facilities (as needed).
5% of time spent supporting data entry as needed. This could include supporting the entry of data into Salesforce.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
This position requires a willingness to occasionally work outside of normal office hours when necessary. This position requires a physical presence in the office. The person must be able to move conference room tables/chairs and assemble/disassemble air walls in the conference facility, as well as carry supplies and boxes in an office environment. Must be able to lift 50 pounds from the floor and up to 35 pounds overhead.
Education, Training and/or Experience
- Associates or higher degree preferred
- 3+ years of experience in an administrative capacity
- Previous experience in a role requiring a high degree of customer service skills such as hospitality or retail
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Must be proficient in Windows, Windows Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook); familiarity with databases; fluent with e-mail and voice systems also required
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and seeing them through to completion with minimal supervision
- Must be punctual, responsive to requests, and able to meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills required
- Very high attention to detail
- Must be able to balance independent problem solving & knowing when to seek help
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- High energy and strong work ethic
- High customer-oriented focus
- Highest personal integrity
JumpStart’s Core Values and Key Cultural Behaviors
- Act with a strong sense of urgency and focus where there is the greatest return on effort
- Have enormous energy and the ability to energize others
- Strive for continuous improvement while being mindful that perfection can be the enemy of good
- Pursue promising opportunities and be prepared to succeed or fail fast
- Be open to good ideas from anywhere
- Embrace change as an opportunity, not a threat
- Be intentional, open and inviting to engage ambitious entrepreneurs and stakeholders with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives
- Be knowledgeable about issues of race, gender and economic equality
- Seek opportunities to introduce inclusive approaches in our thinking and actions
- Seek out and respect our customers’ voices and needs to achieve our long-term mission
- Wow them with solutions to their problems
- Deliver on commitments each and every time
- Treat people fairly and with respect
- Be open and honest with each other in a constructive way
- Instill confidence that everyone will deliver on their commitments
- Hold each other accountable for our actions
- Listen to and consider the wisdom of the people at the table
- Involve others to multiply our effectiveness and generate best outcomes
For more information and to apply online, click here.