Associate Attorney - Cross Country Mortgage
Under the supervision of the Chief Legal Counsel, the Associate Attorney is responsible for a full range of legal issues including drafting and reviewing business contracts, researching financial laws, resolving consumer disputes, and other general compliance and legal matters.
- Prepare, draft, negotiate and finalize routine contracts, including confidentiality agreements, third party vendor agreements, leases and other agreements
- Work in close collaboration with cross-functional teams and external vendors on contract renewals and amendments, as needed
- Review and revise responses to regulatory and consumer complaints and ensure timelines of responses
- Provide support activities, including drafting and conducting legal research in all areas of federal and state and local law impacting residential mortgage lending and servicing
- Assist with various committee/group meetings facilitated by the Legal Department
- Provide support counsel in state and federal matters
- Review and investigate allegations on litigated accounts and provide facts and documentation to managing attorney, outside counsel and servicing legal management
- Collaborate with outside counsel to provide timely responses to discovery requests and/or other requests for information or action
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university
- J.D. from an accredited law school
- Admitted to practice law in the State of Ohio
- 0-2 years of experience working with a real estate, mortgage, financial services or law firm handling residential mortgages, a plus
- Familiarity with federal and state regulatory compliance
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, memorandums, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and the general public clearly and concisely
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. However, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
CrossCountry Mortgage, Inc. (NMLS3029) is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, creed, color, orientation, gender, age, national origin, veteran status, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
For more information and to apply, click here.