Pathway Program Director - Tech Elevator
The Pathway Program™ is Tech Elevator’s nationally recognized professional development curriculum running in parallel to the 14-week coding bootcamp. The program prepares and supports students as they connect with leading tech employers in the region for tech-related roles.
The ideal candidate will relish the opportunity to tackle the challenge of breaking new ground and shifting the norms of traditional education and hiring paths. They will be a forward-thinking leader, motivated by continuous improvement. They will be a proud member of their region’s technology community and will be excited to impact the skills of the local workforce by fostering greater opportunity for individuals seeking to make a change in their lives.
This individual will direct all aspects of the Pathway Program™ for three cohorts of students annually, with the goal of 100% full-time placement of graduates.
- Provide vision and leadership in the development of Tech Elevator’s Pathway Program
- Oversee the administration of the Pathway Program with the objective of improving the program in terms of quality, service to students, career resources, and placements
- Oversee the development of training programs and educational materials for students
- Prepare and present Pathway Program topics to students such as: identify strengths and skills using the StrengthsFinder assessment, craft an elevator pitch, resume writing, developing/refining a LinkedIn profile, interview skills, cover letters, and professional presentation to employers
- Provide one-on-one professional and career coaching
- Monitor student learning, activity and participation in Pathway Program events, follow up as needed
- Evaluate the effectiveness of current practices and develop low touch, high impact strategies for scaling placement efforts
- Expand and maintain hiring network through outreach to, cultivation of, and networking with representatives from various types of organizations (entrepreneurial, corporate, manufacturing, research and development, government agencies)
- Coordinate, participate and implement Pathway Program activities
- Participate in the identification and recruiting efforts for Tech Elevator Instructor candidates
- Coordinate with internal teams on employer outreach, launch dates, collateral, etc.
- Knowledge of the career development needs of adults in career transition, career strategies, ability to identify issues that may impact the full-time placement
- Excellent interpersonal skills (verbal, written, presentation)
- Strong management skills; ability to set goals and priorities to meet the objectives of the Pathway Program™
- Ability to multitask effectively
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse set of students
- Ability to effectively problem-solve and handle sensitive issues with discretion
- Supervisory Responsibility
- Responsibility to secure and train interns to assist Pathway efforts.
Experience: 5+ years in HR, Recruiting or Account Management roles
These are the requirements and skills that we've found to be a good fit for this role. If your background is different but you think you're the right person for the job, we invite you to apply!
- Regular office hours
- Occasional evening and weekend hours
- Occasional travel
About Our Company
Tech Elevator is an intensive educational provider helping individuals and companies acquire in-demand technology skills for the modern workforce.
Through our 14-week, full-time and in-person coding bootcamps, we teach students with a variety of backgrounds to become software developers while helping them build necessary career readiness skills and career connections through our Pathway Program™ to land a meaningful job.
Founded in 2015 with a focus on quality and care in everything we do, we’re proud of our outcomes which have earned us a leading national bootcamp position based on the job placement rate of our grads through CIRR, the Council on Integrity Results in Reporting (cirr.org).
Tech Elevator has taken a proactive approach to transparency. Our results speak to our focus on quality and on student success.
For more information and to apply online, click here.