Senior Analyst, Corporate Analytics - National General Insurance
This individual will be responsible for providing analytical support to multiple functional areas, and act as the subject-matter expert within specific assignments. In-depth data analysis will be utilized to gain key business insights. Effective communication skills are critical, as the senior analyst will be responsible for presenting findings to technical and non-technical colleagues alike.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Perform large scale and sustainable data acquisition, technical transformation procedures, and data driven business analytics and reporting processes
- Grasp the big picture, leverage advanced technical skills to mine large data sets, and return actionable insights to business partners.
- Leverages complex customer data in order to develop reporting products that enable a better understanding of business opportunities.
- Provide reporting and analytical support to customer service and direct sales call center operations.
- Mine data and produce analysis in agency management system to look for cross sell opportunities.
- Typical business units or functions supported: Direct to Consumer Marketing; Call Center; Sales Incentives/Analysis; CRM/Customer database
- Develop and enhance short-term and long-term service, sales, and staffing forecasts
- Collaborate with key stake-holders to develop strategic plans based on forecasted staffing needs
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor or higher degree in mathematics, statistics, economics, or related field.
- 6+ years experience in a similar corporate analytics role
- Experience querying large relational databases using SAS and SQL.
- Creating dashboards/reports using Microsoft SSRS, Tableau, QlikView or related system
- Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to communicate with coworkers across all levels of the organization.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel (e.g. developing pivot tables, linking to external data, automating with VBA, etc.).
- Experience designing and manipulating large datasets across multiple database platforms.
- Demonstrated experience using advanced programming techniques to efficiently meet project goals.
- Strong analytical skills, especially in data mining/manipulation/transformation.
- Requires strong attention to detail and follow through.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, take on responsibility and work well under deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently, and have the tenacity to research and overcome problems.
- Able to clearly articulate findings and comfortable presenting results to management.
- Experience working in a team environment and as an individual contributor.
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A– (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
- Paid Training
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
- Wellness Programs
- Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401k w/ Company Match
- Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
- Employee Discount Program
- Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
- On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
- On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
- Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.
For more information and to apply, click here.