Technical Writer - Tech Elevator
Technical Writer Description
At Tech Elevator, a commitment to quality in everything we do and dedication to the success of our students are core to who we are. As such, it’s important to us that we be able to support our students with high quality learning materials that are tailored to our training curriculum.
We are looking for a Technical Writer to join our curriculum development team to help translate the technical expertise of our instructors and curriculum developers into polished written and visual content. The ideal person for this job is creative, takes pride in his or her work, and sweats the small details. Self-motivation and the ability to produce at a high level individually are important, but the person we’re looking for will also be energized by the opportunity to engage in a highly collaborative creative process that yields products representative of the best contributions of everyone involved.
This is a full-time contract opportunity that has the potential to turn into a permanent staff position. Proximity to our headquarters in Cleveland, OH or one of our other campuses is desirable, but we’re also open to working entirely remotely.
- Review and edit copy of technical training materials produced by subject matter experts (i.e. professional software developers), including:
- Student-facing learning materials (web content, tutorials, exercises, quizzes)
- Internal training materials for staff
- Ensure that all student-facing educational materials conform to brand and writing style guidelines
- Produce technical diagrams and other visual learning aids based on sketches from subject matter experts
- Work with training staff to select appropriate medium for communication, such as manuals or videos
- Standardize content across different contexts
- Work with curriculum development staff to define and enhance standards and style guidelines
Requirements & Key Traits
- Great collaborator that can give and receive thoughtful critical feedback in order to deliver a great finished product
- Able to clearly communicate technical information in writing that is clear, precise, and engaging
- Able to effectively use visual design techniques to make technical documentation easy to use and understand
- Efficient, organized, and able to effectively prioritize tasks
- Experience using graphics editing tools such as Adobe Creative Cloud or similar
- Experience using (or willingness to learn) Markdown or similar text markup language (e.g. HTML, Latex)
- Experience using (or willingness to learn) Git or similar source control management system
These are the requirements and skills that we've found to be a good fit for this role. If your background is different but you think you're the right person for the job, we invite you to apply!
- Regular office hours
- Occasional evening and weekend hours
- Occasional travel
About Tech Elevator Tech Elevator is an intensive in-person education provider helping individuals and companies acquire in-demand technology skills for the modern workforce.
Through our 14-week, full-time coding bootcamps, we teach students from diverse backgrounds to become software developers while also helping them to build necessary career-readiness skills and career connections through our nationally recognized Pathway Program™.
Founded in 2015 with a focus on quality and care in everything we do, we’re proud of our outcomes which have earned us a leading national bootcamp position based on the job placement rate of our grads through CIRR, the Council on Integrity Results in Reporting (cirr.org).
For more information and to apply, click here.