Talent Acquisition Specialist - Tech Elevator
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Hiring now in Cleveland or Columbus, OH
Talent Acquisition Specialist Description
People are our most important resource, and our team makes our educational model different from others. We believe that great team members can be the catalyst for successful transformations of our students. As such, the employees that we recruit and retain are at the heart of the Tech Elevator experience.
We’re looking for a highly skilled Talent Acquisition Specialist to become one of those critical employees, and to help us find our next impactful hires. You should relish the opportunity to tackle the challenge of breaking new ground on our overall talent strategy while being forward-thinking and motivated by continuous improvement. You should be excited to impact the skills of the local workforce by building the team that will help our students make a change in their lives.
- Essential Functions
- Research, Design, and implement the overall recruiting strategy for both local markets and projects across the nation
- Partner with management to determine the needs, requirements, and expectations of each role
- Stay up to date with current job boards, social networks, and platforms to find talent and plan strategies
- Create and release job descriptions and announcements including any changes to the company website
- Review resumes, cover letters, and social media profiles and update records in an internal database accordingly
- Perform in-person and phone interviews with candidates to assess cultural and role-specific fit while also gaining an understanding of needed compensation
- Understand and communicate employer information and benefits
- Complete all pre-screening and screening activities for prospective employees, including reference checks and administering company assessments
- Make recommendations to the company hiring managers and others involved in the process
- Own all the logistics and scheduling of interviews with other team members and prepare and advise candidates beforehand
- Manage the interview timeline including setting internal deadlines and communicating with potential candidates throughout the process
- Assisting with final offer creation and candidate negotiations
- Provide analytical and well documented recruiting reports to the rest of the team
- Staying current on the company’s organization structure, personnel policy, and federal and state laws regarding employment practices
- Serving as a liaison with employment agencies, colleges, and industry associations to fill specialized contractor needs
- Grow and foster high-touch relationships with qualified active and passive talent to pull from as new positions open up
Requirements & Key Traits
- Proven work experience as a Recruiter or Talent Acquisition Specialist
- Solid ability to conduct different types of interviews (structured, competency-based)
- Hands-on experience with various selection processes
- Ability to organize skills assessment (work samples, psychometric and IQ/EQ tests, etc)
- Familiarity with HR databases, Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) and Candidate Management Systems (CMS)
- Hands-on experience with recruiting software, as well as Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS) or Human Resource Management Systems (HRMS)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong decision-making skills
These are the requirements and skills that we've found to be a good fit for this role. If your background is different but you think you're the right person for the job, we invite you to apply!
- Regular office hours
- Occasional evening and weekend hours
- Occasional travel
About Tech Elevator Tech Elevator is an intensive in-person education provider helping individuals and companies acquire in-demand technology skills for the modern workforce.
Through our 14-week, full-time coding bootcamps, we teach students from diverse backgrounds to become software developers while also helping them to build necessary career-readiness skills and career connections through our nationally recognized Pathway Program™.
Founded in 2015 with a focus on quality and care in everything we do, we’re proud of our outcomes which have earned us a leading national bootcamp position based on the job placement rate of our grads through CIRR, the Council on Integrity Results in Reporting (cirr.org).
For more information and to apply, click here.