Accountant - Tech Elevator
Hiring in Cleveland, OH
Tech Elevator is seeking an enterprising team member to manage day-to-day accounting and finance requirements.
We are seeking a high energy team member, organized and highly detail-oriented, who is comfortable multitasking in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will be someone who takes pride in the quality of their work product and possesses the talent and drive to support the needs and mission of a rapidly growing company.
The Accountant will be a strong communicator, someone who enjoys building relationships with others to accomplish goals. They will interact frequently with Tech Elevator’s operations team and also with Campus Directors.
Areas of focus will encompass all aspects of accounting including payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, financial statements and reporting. The Accountant will also assist with compliance for various governmental and educational agencies and will work directly with our outside accounting firm for reviews and year-end taxes.
We are seeking a special kind of person to fill this role; someone who can think on their feet and find solutions. Someone who enjoys problem solving and being challenged, not simply crunching numbers.
We are looking for someone who believes that a great company cannot exist without a great culture, engaged employees and awesome work environment. Our culture is at the core of how we interact with our students, and each other; it drives our reputation and underpins our success.
- Prepare bi-monthly payroll and complete all tax filings as necessary
- Improve and manage the expense reporting process
- Reconcile all credit card and bank accounts
- Manage the Accounts Receivable cycle from invoicing to cash receipts
- Manage the Accounts Payable cycle from purchase to payment
- Prepare and book all journal entries
- Create and analyze monthly financial statements
- Discuss the current financial position with the Controller
- Assist in the budgeting and forecasting process
- Manage monthly financial dashboard and provide commentary for Campuses
- Serve as the main contact for daily financial related issues
- Write and revise company policies and procedures and related documents as needed
- Ad-hoc reporting and other special projects as necessary
Requirements & Key Traits
- 5+ years of Accounting experience
- Experience with working with Quickbooks and online payroll system a plus
- Experience using Excel
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively
- Must be a good problem solver and able to think on your feet
- Must be able to research new topics and provide a comprehensive summary and recommendation
- Must be able to collaborate effectively as well as work independently
- Must be able to make decisions quickly, and re-prioritize as needs demand
- Must be able to foster and manage good relationships both internally and eternally
- Experience working with executives and other senior-level leaders, to support and manage company programs and decisions
- Must possess a desire to experiment with new ideas and a willingness to execute new approaches
These are the requirements and skills that we've found to be a good fit for this role. If your background is different but you think you're the right person for the job, we invite you to apply!
- Regular office hours
- Occasional evening and weekend hours
- Occasional travel
About Tech Elevator Tech Elevator is an intensive in-person education provider helping individuals and companies acquire in-demand technology skills for the modern workforce.
Through our 14-week, full-time coding bootcamps, we teach students from diverse backgrounds to become software developers while also helping them to build necessary career-readiness skills and career connections through our nationally recognized Pathway Program™.
Founded in 2015 with a focus on quality and care in everything we do, we’re proud of our outcomes which have earned us a leading national bootcamp position based on the job placement rate of our grads through CIRR, the Council on Integrity Results in Reporting (cirr.org).
For more information and to apply, click here.