Director of Marketing - ideastream
DIRECTOR OF MARKETING
A thriving, mission-driven multimedia organization, ideastream touches the lives of millions locally and nationally by creating and distributing high-quality radio, television and web content. Joining ideastream as the Director of Marketing, you will be leading marketing strategies, expanding the brand’s digital presence, building community engagement events and supporting a vibrant work culture. We are looking for an experienced marketer to manage marketing communications efforts including:
- Managing the implementation of marketing plans, including promotional campaigns, engagement events, digital marketing, and media relations.
- Increasing brand awareness and positioning to optimize campaigns across multiple platforms.
- Overseeing social media marketing strategies and content marketing to build communities and generate qualified leads.
- Counseling and oversight of website and email marketing program.
- Planning and execution of community engagement events.
- Creating promotional consistency and positioning with paid and owned media campaigns including advertising, on-air spots, digital promotions and email marketing.
- Working closely with internal partners to define promotional strategies, leverage resources and foster a spirit of creative collaboration.
- Supervising the marketing team, including hiring, training, workloads, schedules and deadlines.
- Guiding the day-to-day activities of the marketing team, including assigning employees and following up on work results.
- Managing agency providers, consultants, freelancers and other suppliers, including contract negotiation and management.
- Understanding and developing budgets and finance, including expenditures, research and development appropriations, return-on-investment and profit-loss projections.
The successful candidate must have:
- Demonstrated ability to develop, manage and track marketing campaigns.
- Knowledge and understanding of customer journey theory.
- Proficiency working with computer systems - MS Office Suite, social media management and customer relationship management software.
- Experience in digital marketing and events management.
- Demonstrated ability to foster teamwork, work independently and meet project deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to develop operating revenue and expense budgets.
- Excellent oral, written communication and interpersonal skills working in a diverse environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience, preferably in a nonprofit, marketing or public media setting.
ideastream is an equal opportunity employer: women, minorities, veterans and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
For more information and to apply, click here.