Licensed Insurance Service Representative - National General Insurance
Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: Cleveland, OH
Looking to progress your career in customer care, operations, and service? Do you want to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with real opportunity for career growth and advancement? National General promoted 116 Operations employees in 2018. Our career pathing takes you from a Representative to Senior Representative to Team Lead and Supervisor in a few short years.
Do you want to be a problem-solver and brand ambassador for a customer-centric company? Come be the voice of National General Insurance and start a rewarding career in the insurance industry with a robust paid training program. National General Insurance is the fastest growing Property & Casualty (P&C) auto insurer in the United States and is recognized for our experienced leaders, entrepreneurial culture, and energetic environment.
We are looking for people who are energized, engaged and empowered to help execute on company goals by helping our policyholders. Our goal is to provide exceptional service to each and every customer and independent agent. You’re supported with industry leading paid training, Full Benefits that include: Health, Vision, and Dental. With 18 Days PTO and a company matched 401k, we support your work-life balance and prepare you for a successful future with the company. Continue your personal and professional journey while making up to $50,000 a year!
We are searching for enthusiastic, motivated, and dedicated Licensed Insurance Service Representatives to join our growing team in the Cleveland, OH office. Training class start date: Monday, June 3rd, 2019
Insurance Service Representatives are responsible for customer service inquiries received from internal and external customers while maintaining and growing a relationship between National General Insurance policyholders and independent agents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Take ownership of any inquiry, issue, problem, or error that could potentially impact the policyholder or Independent Agent and determine appropriate course of action
- Answer inbound calls pertinent to an existing insurance policy and determine appropriate course of action
- Initial point of contact after the sale of the policy which includes but is not limited to recognizing exposure and asking the appropriate probing questions
- Document specific details of call interaction, processing endorsements, Department of Motor Vehicle filings, answering billing questions, taking payments, excellent phone etiquette, dedication to customer service, and strong problem solving abilities
- Answer policy level requests for health products such as policy and billing questions, cancellation requests, updating customer profiles, processing billing adjustments/drafts, and refunds
- Answer all calls; de-escalating the call where appropriate and providing solutions that leave the customer satisfied with the resolution
- Access policy details to determine extenuating circumstances including but not limited to: providing coverage information and explanation, answer complex billing questions, process policy changes accurately, and collect pertinent underwriting information to ensure the correct premium is assessed on the policy
- Provide superior service for both independent agents and National General Insurance customers
- Share feedback when training opportunities are identified
- Promote teamwork through consistency, reliability and group cohesiveness
- Communicate effectively through oral and written communication
- Consider process improvements on a continuous basis and share opportunities with leadership
- Adhere to schedules while maintaining an acceptable level of service, customer satisfaction and quality
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Previous experience in insurance customer service with personal auto, commercial, motorcycle, recreational vehicle, accident and health, supplemental health, and/or homeowners products
- Active and valid Property & Casualty License
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to type a minimum of 30 words per minute
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Must possess proficiency in ability to type while speaking to customers
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to successfully complete HIPPA certification annually (Health)
- Must be customer-oriented and able to effectively trouble shoot and resolve customer questions and concerns
- Ability to adapt to new situations and learn quickly
- High level of flexibility in a constantly changing
- Ability to multi-task and manage several systems on a daily basis
- Ability to make decisions quickly by balancing company guidelines and customer needs
- High degree of dependability, motivation and flexibility
- You must be able to work a 40 hour weekly schedule Monday through Saturday from 8:00am-9:00pm.
Associates or Bachelor’s degree; fields of study may include: communications; business administration; management or a related field
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A– (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
- Paid Training
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
- Wellness Programs
- Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401k w/ Company Match
- Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
- Employee Discount Program
- Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
- On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
- On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
- Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.
For more information or to apply online, click here.