Lead Specialist, Grants - American Red Cross
- Provides strategic vision, tools, resources and training to help Red Cross fundraisers create fundraising strategies.
- Works closely with colleagues to ensure that the organization takes full advantage of programmatic funding opportunities.
- Implements and creates best practices on workplace giving for United Way and other foundations.
- Conducts in-depth analysis and exploration in order to advise others regarding which foundations, agencies or corporations would be suitable to approach for the organization’s funding needs. May be personally responsible for researching and writing grants.
- Identifies, pursues, cultivates, and enhances relationships with foundations and government agencies in support of funding needs. Creates guidance, tools, and resources to assess relationships.
- Negotiates contracts with foundations and corporations, seeking alternative sources of funding from community partnerships to increase revenue stream.
- Provides guidance and leadership to streamline the grant process and increase support
- Provides guidance and leadership to Community Execs and Regional CEO in their foundation relationships as they transition to other funding models as desired.
- Collaborates with the Regional CEO to develop and execute the strategy to build grantor relationships.
- Provides coordination, logistic and relationship support as needed for the grantor’s annual giving campaigns, whether foundation or corporate workplace campaigns. This would entail handling meetings logistics, creating effective communication plans for special events, developing resources, training programs and group calls, ordering and coordinating production and tracking responses, etc.
Essential Functions/Physical Requirements:
Depending on work assignment, may require ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; or the ability to stand, walk and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of up to 20 pounds. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read technical information. Overall mobility is essential. May include sitting for long periods of time, driving a vehicle and working under challenging conditions.
Work is performed indoors with some potential for exposure to safety and health hazards related to emergency services relief work. May travel and participate in meetings and conferences throughout chapter jurisdiction, state and Red Cross system. Because the Red Cross is a disaster response organization, staff may be asked to be on 24-hour call during period of major disaster.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Education: A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Communications, Business, Organizational Development or a relevant field.
Experience: A minimum of five years experience working for a nonprofit organization or in public relations, marketing, sales, communication or project management. Corporate fundraising or workplace giving experience preferred. Experience working with community foundations and the United Way preferred.
Management Experience: 2-4 years of management experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities: Microsoft Office, Donor Management System (like Raiser’s Edge or Team Approach) is highly preferred.
Other: Excellent written and oral communication skills, Including strong presentation skills. Excellent planning and organizational skills, including attention to detail and data management. Strong customer service orientation is necessary. Demonstrated ability to work well within a team. Demonstrated initiative and ability to handle deadlines, pressure and changing priorities with good judgment. Operational flexibility to meet sudden and unpredictable business needs, willingness to work outside standard established business hours.
Travel: Limited, less than 20% of time.
To apply, click here.