Associate Marketing Manager - Nestle
Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other.
At Nestlé, we provide high-quality products that are essential to living well. As individuals and teams, we embrace leadership, make important contributions, and support each other’s professional development. Join the world’s leading nutrition, health and wellness company, and deliver the satisfying foods that help people around the world through every phase of life. The Nestlé USA Foods Division is filled with passionate, collaborative, and hardworking leaders who are truly excited to bring nutrition and culinary excitement to consumers all over the United States. We are stewards of some of the most iconic and loved brands including DiGiorno, Hot Pockets, Stouffer’s, and Lean Cuisine. Based in the suburbs of Cleveland, our campus boasts not only a lively and renowned gastronomic scene, but is also home to our internal Culinary team and one of the few Nestle Development Centers in the world, allowing for groundbreaking food research and innovation. Our leading brands thrive with premier talent at the helm, and we are looking for people like you to join us!
We are seeking an Associate Marketing Manager to drive the performance, equity, and share of our brands by activating distinctive consumer insights. In this role, you will support the brand team’s pursuit of insights that enable the team to know its consumer deeply and build engaging brand experiences while supporting the Manager in setting communications and innovation strategies. You will interact with agency partners in support of strategy, planning and implementation. This role supports a brand’s innovation activities by collaborating with sales, shopper marketing, operations, product development and finance on various generating demand.
The Associate Brand Manager’s role is to drive the performance, equity, and share of our brands by activating distinctive consumer insights. In this role, you will support the brand team’s pursuit of insights that enable the team to know its consumer deeply and build engaging brand experiences while supporting the Manager in setting communications and innovation strategies. You will interact with agency partners in support of strategy, planning and implementation. This role supports a brand’s innovation activities by collaborating with sales, shopper marketing, operations, product development and finance on various generating demand.
- Dive into demand landscape for the consumer/brand by utilization of digital insight tools
- Lead brand projects and assignments in a way that demonstrates an understanding of key consumer insights and an ability to activate them in relevant communications and innovation activities.
- Support the brand’s need to identify and understand what the brand stands for in the hearts and minds of consumers including brand identity, essence, vision, mission and core values to drive relevant communications and innovation.
- Use data, trends and support from Manager, Shopper Marketing and Market Research to help build a robust and actionable learning plan to address knowledge gaps in consumer, brand, product, business and marketplace findings.
- Lead consumer communications projects that develop a creative territory that brings the brand to life and enables effective consumer communication with a digital and social first approach
- Lead initiatives in the communication plan around specific touchpoints or consumer targets including agency and cross-functional team management, strategy, planning, execution and results measurement.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage projects on time and on budget as well and demonstrate decision-making abilities around investment alternatives that mitigate risk and maximize return. Find opportunities and lead initiatives that activate the brand’s nutrition health and wellness proposition in communications
- Use consumer, shopper and marketplace data to support defining a brand’s short-term and long-term innovation strategy. In collaboration with cross-functional and external experts, commercialization strategies and plans and channel- or customer-specific opportunities.
- Prepare, present and sell-in aspects of the brand plan to management, cross-functional partners and external stakeholders.
- Assists in crafting the annual communications plan including recommended touchpoint plan, activation/implementation plan, stewardship and measurement
- Support Manager in implementing a 3-year consumer centric brand plan to drive and/or sustain long-term brand health including equity, awareness and engagement.
Requirements and minimum education:
- BS/BA in Marketing or related field; MBA preferred
- 2+ years Brand Marketing experience. Strong preference for Consumer Goods (CPG) exposure
- Experience leading marketing communication projects including digital and media strategies
- Strong drive for results including: strong leadership, decision-making and analytical skills, effective communication skills, ability to think strategically, self-motivation, and a passion for the consumer
- Experience partnering with cross-functional teams and agency partners
- Experience developing strategic brand/product plans, such as communication campaigns and commercialization strategies
- Ability to influence and lead others, including those outside of the Marketing function
- Ability to translate critical thinking into strong business results
- Deep understanding of key P&L drivers
- Quantitative strength in analyzing data and synthesizing learning into insights and action
- Strong sense of urgency, even when managing initiatives with long lead times
- Adaptability and flexibility to meet changing priorities and adjust to different management styles
For more information and to apply online, click here.