Development Manager - Engage! Cleveland
Engage! Cleveland is a community engagement organization for young professionals and business/community leaders who are passionate about making Cleveland a lasting home for the next generation. Our goal is to attract, engage and retain young, diverse talent to Greater Cleveland by connecting young professionals to people, jobs, organizations and events.
Responsible for developing and executing fundraising efforts including corporate sponsorships and donations, special events, memberships (currently 80+), etc. for a fast-growing organization with entrepreneurial spirit. Develop and nurture corporate and community partners for the purposes of fundraising and to elevate the profile of the organization in the community.
- Develop and build relationships with businesses and the philanthropic community
- Inspire new donors/supporters while maintaining relationships with existing (expected 85-90% renewal rate)
- Maintain a comprehensive database/CRM system of current and potential donors
- Maintain donor recognition program and coordinate tax receipting with accountant
- Prospect and bring on new employer members (for-profit and non-profit) by explaining benefits
- Track and update progress
- Inspire new donors/supporters while maintaining and developing relationships with existing for 5 signature events
- Solicit in-kind donations for signature events including food/drink, venue, media, etc.
- Selling/managing consulting services and projects.
- Staff liaison to the Development Committee including preparing agendas, meeting notes, reports, etc.
- Encourage board participation in fundraising activities and introductions to decision makers
- Develop and coordinate web-based fundraising, online giving and merchandise sales
- Advise the President and Board of Directors of new developments in the field, or potential new opportunities
- Additional duties will be assigned
- Knowledge of fundraising best practices
- Knowledge of the business and philanthropic communities in Cleveland, Ohio
- Knowledge of nonprofits, events and communication
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree, preferably in nonprofit management, sales, business or another related field
- 2 – 5 years’ experience in development field with a proven track record of fundraising success
- Possess outstanding written and oral communication skills, time management skills, organizational skills, and problem-solving skills
- Great attention to detail, strong work ethic, flexibility and professionalism
- Terrific public presentation skills
- Ability to work independently or with a team to produce results
- Ability to multi-task and organize/handle many competing projects/deadlines
- Ability to attend public functions/events as a representative of EC
- Ability to travel within the Greater Cleveland community.
- Excellent computer and IT Skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office, google documents, Trello, CRM systems, etc.
- Have a strong passion for Cleveland and Engage! Cleveland’s mission
Please apply by sending a cover letter, salary requirements and resume to email@example.com with the subject “Development Manager”. Please include all materials to be considered.
Please note due to the small nature of our organization, medical benefits are not provided, but rather an increase in salary is provided to purchase your own. Other benefits include paid time off, paid holidays, telework, and more.