Editorial Assistant - Cleveland Magazine
Cleveland Magazine gives its readers the best of Cleveland through strong service journalism and thought-provoking stories. Cleveland Magazine attracts readers who live and work in the region and want to know more about their city. As it has for more than 45 years, the magazine brings this prosperous audience an editorial package that is entertaining, relevant and helps them live their best Cleveland life. From best places to live, top restaurants, things to do each weekend and more, Cleveland Magazine provides the information its readers both need and want in a stimulating, award-winning environment.
Cleveland Magazine is looking for a new part time (hourly) Editorial Assistant. As an Editorial Assistant, this person must be extremely creative, professional and as passionate as we are about Cleveland and what it has to offer. With a strong understanding of great storytelling, attention to detail and flexibility, this individual will need to be able to assist the magazine’s editors by writing stories for print and digital and assist with fact checking and general research. Candidates should have journalism experience, experience interviewing sources and strong organizational skills. The editorial assistant will work closely with editors, assisting them on the overall vision, content and execution of Cleveland Magazine, its website and social media platforms.
- Research, interview sources and write stories for each issue of Cleveland Magazine and its website
- Speak with sources to fact check stories
- Research topics for special projects
- Brainstorm story ideas for every section of the magazine, including cover packages
- Compile event listings for print and online databases
- Meet all deadlines
- 1+ years of journalistic writing experience, experience in publishing preferable
- Outstanding clips displaying a knack for writing quick, engaging service journalism
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
- Must take direction and assert ideas quickly
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail necessary in order to handle a number of assignments simultaneously
- Must work well in a deadline driven environment
Send cover letter along with resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
[SUBJECT LINE: Editorial Assistant Cleveland Magazine].
No phone calls, please. Qualified candidates will be contacted.