Art Director - Cleveland Magazine
Cleveland Magazine gives its readers the best of Cleveland through strong service journalism and thought-provoking stories. Cleveland Magazine attracts readers who live and work in the region and want to know more about their city. As it has for more than 45 years, the magazine brings this prosperous audience an editorial package that is entertaining, relevant and helps them live their best Cleveland life. From best places to live, top restaurants, things to do each weekend and more, Cleveland Magazine provides the information its readers both need and want in a stimulating, award-winning environment.
Cleveland Magazine is looking for the next leader of our visual brand. As the Art Director, this person must be extremely creative, professional and as passionate as we are about Cleveland and what it has to offer. With a strong understanding of design concepts, typography and photography, this individual will need to be forward-thinking with their creative skills in both print and digital designs. Candidates should have magazine experience, a flair for cover and feature design and strong organizational skills. The Art Director will work closely with editors on the overall vision, content and execution of Cleveland Magazine, its website and social media platforms.
- Oversee all editorial design for Cleveland Magazine (12 issues) and other ancillary products
- Oversee all editorial design for digital content and social media platforms
- Oversee overall branding of Cleveland Magazine
- Manage and direct freelance photographers, illustrators and designers on a monthly basis
- Work with a young staff to produce high-quality content across multiple platforms
- Meet all editorial and production deadlines
- Manage art budget and expenses
- 5+ years of design experience, experience in publishing preferable
- Outstanding portfolio displaying a knack for designing service journalism and long-form editorial
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of digital photography and retouching
- Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite
- Must take direction and assert ideas quickly
- Proven ability to direct and manage freelance artists and designers on set and in advance to achieve the editorial vision
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail necessary in order to handle a number of projects simultaneously
- Must work well in a deadline driven environment
- BFA in design or equivalent experience
- Web design and photo skills are major pluses
Send cover letter containing salary requirement along with resume to: email@example.com [SUBJECT LINE: Art Director Cleveland Magazine]. No phone calls, please. Qualified candidates will be contacted.