Partner Post | Rock & Roll Hall of Fame
At Engage! Cleveland we work to connect young professionals to local organizations to help them discover everything Cleveland has to offer. This includes partnering with organizations like the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame to bring you many of our events. Today on the blog, learn more about the their mission, community involvement and how you can become involved with them. Also, don't forget to join us at our 8th Annual Holiday MIX on December 13th to experience the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame first hand. - The Engage! Cleveland Team
So, you likely already know that the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame is the living, breathing monument to musical legends. Millions of fans have visited and a few famous fans too. You may have heard about this little shindig called the Induction Ceremony that happens right here in Cleveland every other year, ramping up the rock royalty ratio for a brief time.
The city has helped us bring the power of rock to life, dating back to 1986 when thousands championed the efforts to have the Hall of Fame built here, right through to our record setting local attendance this past year. But for all Cleveland has done, how does the Rock Hall give back to the region? Here’s just a few of the ways we’ve connected with the community over the years:
- Partnering with UH for 18 years to bring Toddler Rock music therapy program to hundreds of Head Start children each year – Watch Video
- Admission tax donated to Cleveland city schools, totaling over $10 million since opening in 1995
- Free On-site classes, Rockin’ the Schools, K-12 curriculum that draws on the interest and cultural relevance of popular music to engage students in the subjects of social studies, language arts, math, science and tech
- $22 billion economic impact in Northeast Ohio
Believe it or not, this institution of rock does not operate on a rock star budget – we’re actually a non-profit museum. It is through contributions that we’re able to do all of this, plus host numerous free family-oriented programs throughout the year. We are honored to be able to open our doors to engage, teach and inspire our local community, as well as fans from around the world, through the power of rock & roll. Whether your passionate about the music, have major Cleveland pride or are looking for a new and unique way to give back, here’s how you can join us in our mission:
Become a Member
- Starting as low as $50/year, get free admission all year for you and depending on the level, up to 3 guests; 100% tax deductible
- Access to exclusive members’ only mixers and events - featuring intimate insider conversations with our curators – as well as offers, like the Induction Ceremony pre-sale
- SPECIAL OFFER: Engage! Cleveland followers can receive a discount online; use promo code ENGAGECLE and receive 10% off any level membership.
Volunteer your time
- Join the crew; become a part of the Rock Hall family that helps bring exciting programs to music fans both near and far, as well as the underserved communities
- Become an advocate of the museum’s mission or have a chance to work behind the scenes
- Gifts of all sizes are welcome, but donating $1,000 or more gets you into the Donor Circle and provides access to securing Induction Ceremony tickets
- Free Admission & VIP tours for up to 6 people
This music connects generations, blurs boundaries and touches ALL the emotions. Consider supporting our efforts so we can preserve Rock’s history for future fans. Haven’t experienced it for yourself lately? We invite you to come party with us on December 13th at the Engage! Cleveland Holiday Mix!