Engage! Cleveland's Summer Bucket List
It’s Officially Summer: 25 Things on Our Cleveland Summer Bucket List
Written by: Abbey Geib & Ashley Basile Oeken
As Cleveland Young Professionals, there are so many great things that we can experience in our community. Here is our list of the must-dos.
- Cleveland Young Professionals Week – this one took place May 31 – June 8 and we hope you took part in one of the 39 events. This is our signature event and one to surely not miss. Sign up for our newsletter to make sure you are in the know next year.
- You scream, I scream, we all scream for Mitchell’s ice cream. You can indulge in Westlake, Rocky River, Ohio City, Strongsville, Avon, Beachwood, Solon, or University Circle. Our favorite is at Huntington beach after a stroll on the water.
- Red, White and Brew – this sounds so patriotic and like so much fun! Join us as we partner with the Great Lakes Aquarium for this awesome event featuring sharks, bands, food and fun on July 4. Stay for the city of Cleveland’s fireworks at dusk. Insider tip: use code ENGAGE to save some moola.
- The Cleveland Orchestra at Blossom – need we say more? Sit in the lawn, bring some munchies and drinks (adult kind welcome) and remember we told you it was awesome.
- Walnut Wednesdays have been a big hit for a few years in Cleveland. Every Wednesday, Food Trucks from around Cleveland park their trucks on Walnut Street and serve delicious cuisine for lunch. If you work downtown, venture over there with some colleagues. It will be worth it! If not, check out some of the other food truck stops like Food Truck Monday at Legacy Village, The Chomp at Midtown, Food Truck Friday and Truck Stop Tuesday at Crocker Park.
- When is the last time you saw a movie at the drive-in? Head west and check out the Aut-O-Rama Twin Drive-in Theatre, 33395 Lorain Road, North Ridgeville. Insider tip – no food or drink allowed.
- Go out with friends in Ohio City and grab a pint and some late night snacks from our friends at Market Garden Brewery.
- Hit up an Indians game and grab some brews at the Right Field District newly built inside the stadium. It also features local food from all over Cleveland.
- Enjoy a free concert at Wade Oval Wednesday thanks to our friends at University Circle Inc. Bring a picnic blanket, some chairs, snacks and listen to some great tunes on Wednesday nights through August 27.
- Shop the flea! We’ve always loved The Cleveland Flea, but love it even more after hearing Stephanie Sheldon’s story during CLE YP Week. The Flea is open on July 11 and August 8 at 3615 Superior Ave from 9am – 4pm.
- Celebrate Cleveland's 218th Birthday at Public Square! Bring your lunch from noon to 1:00 pm on Tuesday, July 22 to say "Happy Birthday" to our city with Ohio Homecoming.
- Go out on the town and see a Broadway play at Playhouse Square. This summer’s series include Hammerstein’s Cinderella and Book of Mormon. And make sure you take a selfie with the coolest chandelier in town.
- Join us on August 5 for a keg tapping at The Hofbräuhaus. Andi Urdis, part owner shared some interesting facts with us during CLE YP Week and we can’t wait to participate in the keg tapping and maybe a shotski (or two).
- Participate in a Tremont ArtWalk, which happens once a month. Go around to the shops and restaurants around Tremont that feature local artistry.
- Let’s just face the facts…Cleveland is a beer city. Join us at the Cleveland Ale Fest, July 25th presented by Cleveland Scene in historic Lincoln Park.
- Party on the beach at Edgewater Live, the Thursday night concert series at Edgewater Park. We had a MIX event here last summer and were blown away by all of the options – food, drinks, music, foot golf, and more.
- Catch a Cleveland Gladiators football game. This winning team is making waves in the Cleveland sports community. Games are played at Quicken Loans Arena and go through August. And I mean come on…you know you already miss being inside of the Q. #AllinCLE
- Did someone say happy hour….on the patio? One of our favorite summer time joys and we are pretty sure you can’t go wrong with the people watching at any East 4th street establishment.
- SUP! Stands for Stand Up Paddleboarding, and if you’re any sort of an outdoor enthusiast, you should try this summer water sport on our beautiful Lake Erie.
- Twilight at the Zoo is one of our favorite events put on by the Cleveland Zoological Society. You can experience the zoo, bands, drinks and eats! We’re in! Be there on Friday, August 7.
- Cleveland World Festival – they had us at smorgasbord of food, drink, customs and costumes. Stop by our tent to say hello! We will be camped out on Sunday, August 2 from 11am – 9pm.
- Okay, we might be a little obsessed with the Metroparks, but we are lucky enough to live on one of the Great Lakes and it is summer in Ohio. So why not visit Edgewater Beach for their Citizens Bank Cinema at Sunset on July 12 and August 9. Make sure to bring some popcorn!
- Drinks on top of a Cleveland rooftop? Don’t mind if we do. Check out Azure on top of The 9.
- After hosting our first event at the Music Box Supper Club, we can’t wait to go back. They have some of the best views of our beautiful river.
- The Feast!!! If you don’t know what this means, you haven’t begun to explore Cleveland’s Little Italy neighborhood and boy are you missing out. Mark your calendar for August 13-16.
What did we miss Cleveland YPs? What is on your summer bucket list?