Engage! Cleveland's YP Winter Bucket List
Winter is coming...to Cleveland and it's a great time of the year! Our staff has come up with a lot of great ideas for Cleveland YPs. Here are the top 15 things to do in Cleveland this winter.
- Brew some beer at The Brew Kettle in Strongsville. The Brew Kettle offers patrons a chance to brew their own beer. You can even bottle and label the beer you’ve brewed (for an extra cost!).
- Take in the Cleveland winter scenery and schedule a photo shoot with your family. Our E!C photographer, Greg Murray shoots amazing portraitures. Talk with him or find someone you like to take your picture in Cleveland’s winter wonderland.
- Sledding hills are all around Cleveland. Find one nearest you on the Cleveland Metroparks website.
- Cleveland Orchestra. If you can’t get tickets to see Tran Siberian Orchestra this season, why not check out our own local orchestra playing their annual Christmas Concert from December 17-20?
- Indoor Sports Leagues. There are a lot of sports fans in Cleveland who also like to play. Check out a friendly soccer, basketball or ultimate frisbee league around Cleveland and challenge your friends in the championship game.
- Trivia at Great Lakes Brewing Company. Geeks Who Drink Trivia happens every Tuesday night at GLBC. Only 6 people to a team with music and video rounds while sipping on craft beer or tasting GLBC’s delicious menu items.
- Broadway at Playhouse Square. There is a new Broadway show starring Indina Menzel called, “If/Then” coming to Playhouse Square Feb. 9-21. Don’t miss it!
- Bowling at The Corner Alley. The Corner Alley just reopened on the corner of East. 4th and the Uptown location is swarming with Young Professionals. Find yourself a few spare hours and strike up some conversations while bowling with your friends.
- The new Flats East Bank is steadily growing and all of the YPs in Cleveland are migrating there each weekend. Mosey over to the Big Bang Piano Bar for a dueling piano session or Punch Bowl Social on your night on the town.
- The Cleveland Metroparks are great places for photo sessions and hikes in the winter but did you know they also have toboggan shoots? Take a thrill ride down an icy slope this winter with friends and family.
- Start your own seasonal tradition with friends and family. There are so many places to drink, eat and hang out around Cleveland. My friends and I have been celebrating "Winkmas" at the Winking Lizard in Coventry now for years! We make t-shirts, warn the staff that we're coming, and they even decorate a spot just for us.
- Buy tickets to an event at the Convention Center. Cleveland’s new Convention Center is bringing so many great festivals and conventions for all tastes to the city including Cleveland Winter Beer Fest in January and Wizard World Comic Con in February.
- Lake Erie Monsters Game. With multiple College ID and Fan Appreciation nights scheduled, there’s no reason to skip out on some ice hockey this winter. Eat hotdogs, drink beer or soda, and cheer on our Lake Erie Monsters.
- Host a Holiday Party with friends and go caroling around the neighborhood. Friends, eggnog, and singing is such a fun combination. Get into the spirit of the season and host a holiday party with a gingerbread man decorating contest. Trust me, it will be hilarious and fun.
- A Christmas Story Run (5k/10k). Take a run through Cleveland and see all of the goofy people dressed up as A Christmas Story characters. Watch out for the leg lamp, it might just pass you on the course. (Race finished - check it out next season!)