2015 Engage! Cleveland Recap
Recap of 2015
What a year we’ve had at Engage! Cleveland (EC). As we look forward to all of the exciting opportunities and possibilities that await us in 2016, let’s look back on all that we accomplished, together with you, in 2015.
In 2015, we hosted and partnered on over 29 events, not including the 39 events during our 2nd Annual Cleveland YP Week. And, we not only expanded our reach to serve more and more young professionals, but we also got to create truly unique Cleveland experiences for the YP demographic.
EC was fortunate to partner with so many outstanding organizations for events including the Great Lakes Science Center, the Cleveland Indians, the Cleveland International Film Festival, Cleveland Magazine, MOCA, TedxCLE and so many more.
And through our partnerships and events we were able to connect young professionals with some amazing speakers and experiences.
From hearing from Cleveland Cavaliers President Len Komoroski before a game to being at the launch party for the new Right Field District at Progessive Field and even sponsoring our own film at CIFF, this year was all about exposing young professionals to all that Cleveland has to offer.
And the event that best captures this is our annual Cleveland Young Professionals Week. In just one week, we hosted 39 events that ranged from early morning workout classes to lunchtime speakers and unique networking events every day of the week. This year’s YP Week was all made possible by our 125 sponsors and partners, including our presenting sponsor KeyBank. Not only did the week allow us to better connect YPs to Cleveland, but we were also able to showcase all of the things we love about our city.
Other milestones include launching our new website in May, moving into our new office in August and receiving our 501c3 status in November.
All of this work would not be possible without the support of our Board Members, Committee Members, volunteers, sponsors, partners and you! Thank you for your continued support of EC and our mission to attract, retain and engage YPs to this amazing city we all call home.
We can’t wait to see what 2016 has in store!
Here’s the full break down of the major milestones and awesome events:
- 1/20: Welcomed our new intern Abbey Geib, a graduate student at Kent State studying public relations.
- 2/20: Board and Committee outing at the Lake Erie Monsters Game.
- 3/3: Announced our presenting sponsor, KeyBank for our 2nd Annual CLE YP Week (special thanks to them!)
- 3/19: Partner Event: "Let's Talk about Injustice: A Community Conversation" featuring Bryan A. Stevenson.
- Partners: Facing History and Ourselves, The City Club of Cleveland & The Allstate Foundation
- 3/19-3/20: Partner Event: Bread and Butter film at Cleveland International Film Festival
- Partners: Cleveland International Film Festival
- 3/21: Cavs leadership talked to over 70 YPs who then watched the game with Engage! Cleveland
- Partner: Cleveland Cavaliers
- 4/6: Partner Event: Cleveland Indians Opening Night Watch Party at ‘The Corner.’
- Partner: Cleveland Indians
- 4/11: Partner Event: Yuri’s Night Space Party at the Great Lakes Science Center.
- Partner: Great Lakes Science Center
- 4/29: Partner Event: Silver Spoon Awards with YP discounted tickets.
- Partner: Cleveland Magazine and The Arthritis Foundation
- Launched our new website
- 5/20: Engage@The City Club Speaker Series with Stewart Kohl.
- Partner: The City Club of Cleveland
- 5/23: Partner Event: Museum of Contemporary Art Cleveland’s Silent Disco.
- Partner: MOCA
- 6/1-6/7: Engage! Cleveland’s 2nd Annual CLE YP Week took place.
- 6/5: Partner Event: TedxCLE with our own YP view party at the Cleveland Museum of Art.
- Partner TedxCLE and Cleveland Museum of Art
- 6/13: Partner Event: Volunteering at World Beer Festival
- Partner: All About Beer Magazine
- 6/24: Partner Event: #ChooseCLE: Reasons to love being a YP in Cleveland.
- Partner: Global Cleveland, iCleveland, Summer on the Cuyahoga, Hillel Foundation, plus more…please check the website
- 7/4: Partner Event: Red, White & Brew Music Festival at the Greater Cleveland Aquarium.Partner: Greater Cleveland Aquarium
- 7/16: Partner Event: #ChooseCLE: Career & Networking Expo
- Partner: #ChooseCLE Partners
- 7/23: Partner Event: Crain’s Women of Note Summit & Awards
- Partners: Crain’s Cleveland and The Cleveland Foundation
- 7/25: Partner Event: Cleveland Scene’s Ale Fest
- Partner: Scene Magazine
- 8/1: Moved into our new office
- 8/5: Collaboration Council meeting of our 80+ YP groups
- 8/8: Cleveland Gladiators Arena Football Game
- 8/13: Engage! Cleveland’s 6th Annual Summer MIX at Innova Living in University Circle
- Partners: Innova Living, Shinto and Prosper for Purpose
- 8/16: Harness Cycle ride for EC’s committee and board members as well as E!C YPOs
- Partner: Harness Cycle
- 8/19: Behind the Scenes Tour, Tasting & Panel at PizzaFire
- Partners: PizzaFire and House of Blues
- 8/27: We hit 10,000 followers on Twitter!
- We hit over 5,000 likes on Facebook!
- 9/12: Partner Event: Rock the Core Cider Festival
- Partner: Drink the District
- 10/2: Partner Event: 9th Annual Rollin’ on the River
- Partner: The Hunger Network of Greater Cleveland
- 10/10: Welcomed our new officers: Chair Ira Kaplan, Vice Chair Lauren Rudman, Treasurer Chad Kunkle, and Secretary SueAnn Naso
- 10/16: Partner Event: Best of Cleveland Party
- Partner: Cleveland Magazine
- 10/24: Engage! Cleveland’s Young Professional Workshop
- Partners: John Carroll University, Oatey, Medical Mutual, KeyBank
- 10/28: Partner Event: Wine & Design YP Night
- Partner: Wine & Design Rocky River
- 11/23: Received our 501c3 status as a non-profit
- 11/23: Cleveland Cavaliers Game and Presentation with Engage! Cleveland
- Partner: Cleveland Cavaliers
- 12/15: Engage! Cleveland’s 6th Annual Holiday MIX at The Corner Ally Uptown in University Circle
- Sponsors: The Corner Alley, KeyBank, Cleveland State Young Alumni Council and Partners: MotivAsians, New Partners of Cleveland Hearing & Speech Center, PNC PREP, Young Education Professionals, 20/30 Club of Cleveland, Boys and Girls Club of Cleveland Bridge Board, and MetroHealth NET
Sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest on events, volunteer opportunities, and other things pertaining to the Cleveland young professional community.
Check out our calendar to see what we have planned so far for 2016!